The classes here provide basic features needed for our plotting
tasks. With these exercises you can enhance and customize the classes.
- Add the ability to put a label on the vertical axes and for
tick marks in PlotPanel.
Also, allow for the axes scales to go from high to low starting
at the origin.
- Add the option of log scaling on the axes in PlotPanel.
- Create a new version of PlotFormat
that uses the java.util.Formatter
class discussed in Chapter
5: Tech and Chapter
- Create an enhanced histogramming display program by adding more
capabilities to the Histogram
classes such as displaying the mean and standard deviation values,
the number of entries in each bin, the total number of entries,
- Provide an option in the HistPanel
class for drawing a symbol instead of a vertical bar. Also, allow
for the option of an error bar that's equal to the square root
of the number of entries in the bin.