We look here at applications of threads to commonly needed tools
in technical applications:
- Timers - the Java core language comes
with two different timer classes for running tasks after a given
delay and periodically if needed.
- Histogram with Adaptable Range
- create a histogram whose limits can expand to include new data
values outside the current lower/upper range limits.
- Sorting in Java - Java also comes
with tools to sort arrays and collections.
- Histogram Median - use sort tool
to obtain the median of a distribution.
- Refactoring - reorganize class
design and heirarchies as they grow and multiply.
- Error Bars - offer the option
of displaying the histogram as points with error bars rather than