This chapter looks at number of practical tips and techniques for
programming with Java. Topics include
- Printing Screen - send graphical
output to the printer instead of the monitor.
- Cursor Icons - change the icon for
the cursor according to the component over which the cursor moves
or the status of the program
- MouseButtons - identify what
mouse buttons have been clicked.
- PopupMenu - create a popup menu
- Keystrokes - capture keystrokes.
- Audio - basics of playing simple audioclips
- Timing & Speed - measure timing
of program segments.
- Toolkit - the windowing toolkit provides
a range of useful info about the display on which a program is
- AppletContext -in an applet
the AppletContext class provides access to images, clips, and
Latest update: Dec.7, 2004